The Second Annual Jamaica Plain Music Festival is bigger this year, bringing 24 bands to the shores of Jamaica Pond from noon-7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8. Here's everything you need to know:
- Who's playing?
- What's the schedule? See the attached PDF, or download it yourself.
- How do I get there?
- Where do I park? (Please don't drive, though. Take the T, walk or take advantage of the bike parking the festival has this year.)
- What if it rains? The festival is go, rain or shine. But the forecast looks good. Partly sunny, highs in the lower 80s.
- Will there be food? There will be four food carts this year: BBQ Smith, Roxy's Gourmet Grilled Cheese, Cupcakory and Ocean Ave. Pops. Organizers also recommend eating before, during or after at one of the sponsoring JP restaurants: Galway House | City Feed | The Haven | Bella Luna | Doyle's | El Oriental de Cuba | Sorella's | Porter Cafe
- How much does it cost? Nothing. But you can donate to the all-volunteer effort here.
- Can I bring beer? No. It's a public park, patrolled by the Police Department.
- What's with the albino squirrel?
- What printable things did Rick Berlin tell JP Patch about this year's festival? Here's JP Patch music writer Ed Symkus' interview.
- What's the rest of the media saying about the festival? JP Gazette | Globe | WGBH
[Editor's note: This post has been updated since the initial posting.]