Monday, June 4
Essential daily information at a glance.
1. Forecast: Near steady temperature in the lower 50s. Chance of rain 70 percent.
2. Tonight the Jamaica Pond Association holds its monthly meeting. On the agenda are updates about the new hotel at 81 S. Huntington (the Gazette has news of the opening date) and the two massive nearby housing projects at 161 and 105 S. Huntington. 7 p.m. tonight at Jamaicaway Towers.
3. Speaking of Pondside, the Pond Association hosts a joint meeting with the Police on Wednesday for people concerned about recent crimes in that part of the neighborhood. 7 p.m. Wednesday at Curtis Hall Community Center.
4. If crime in any other part of JP has you concerned or wanting to get involved, Thursday's police-community meeting is a great place to get informed. 7 p.m. Thursday at the E-13 District Police Station.
5. The Hubway, Boston's bike-sharing program, passed the 250,000th ride mark on Tuesday, according to the Globe. They keep promising to add stations in JP, but none are on the system's plans for this year.