Monday, July 16
Essential daily information at a glance, including knife sharpening at City Feed.
1. Forecast: Mostly sunny. Hot and humid, with highs in the 90s. (Even hotter Tuesday, with highs of 97 expected.)
2. Dull knives? If the knives in your kitchen have turned into bludgeoning instruments, it's time to take them to Patti from On The Edge Knife Sharpening. She'll be at the Centre Street City Feed from 4-7 p.m. today.
3. Circle the City: I hope you didn't miss yesterday's car-free Circle the City event. It was awesome for pedestrians and bicyclists to own the streets from Franklin Park to the Pond. I've started a community photo gallery here. If you have shots, please add them!
4. Free books for kids: The ReadBoston Storymobile will be at the gazebo at the Pond on Tuesday at 7 p.m. There will be story time for the 2-8 set, and free books if they'd like them. The Storymobile is in the neighborhood regularly. Here are other times to catch it.
Engage with your neighbors on JP Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
- Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.