JP Storm Center: Residents Await Plows
Check here often for updates about service delays and cancellations, new forecast information, and more info you'll need to make it through the storm.
The current storm, Feb. 7-9:
- The National Weather Service predicts about two feet of snow for Boston, with a strong chance of coastal flooding.
- National Weather Service forecast
- Current NWS Storm warnings and advisories: Blizzard Warning
- Mayor Thomas Menino said a snow emergency will be put into effect at noon on Friday. The snow emergency is still in effect through Saturday. Menino will brief the public on cleanup operations at 11 a.m. Saturday.
- Jamaica Plain snow emergency parking restrictions. Alt garages will open at 10 a.m. Friday.
- The official city of Boston snow information page
- Gov. Deval Patrick has signed an executive order to ban vehicle traffic starting at 4 p.m. Friday. That ban continued into Saturday. Cars will be allowed to travel on roads again beginning at 4 p.m. Saturday.
Delays, Cancellations and Closings:
- Schools: Boston Public Schools are CLOSED Friday
- Municipal buildings: Closed
- State offices: Closed
- Courthouses: Closed
- MBTA: Service suspended beginning at 3:30 p.m. Friday. It remains suspended through Saturday.
- The Purple Cactus will open for the first time since Jan. 20 Friday at 11 a.m.
- Whole Foods will likely be open Saturday at noon.
- Other delays reported to WHDH
- MBTA travel advisories
- Add your storm photos!
Scroll down for important phone numbers, websites and more. Stay with Jamaica Plain Patch as we keep you updated throughout the storm.
Important numbers listed by the city:
- Emergencies (Police, Fire, EMS): 911
- Mayor’s Hotline (24-Hrs): 617-635-4500
- ABCD Fuel Assistance: 617-357-6012
- Boston Water & Sewer: 617-989-7000
- Consumer Complaints: 617-635-3834
- DCR Storm Desk: 617-727-1680
- Elderly Commission: 617-635-4366
- Inspectional Services: 617-635-1010
- MBTA: 617-222-3200
- MassDOT: 857-368-6111
- National Grid Gas: 800-322-3223
- NSTAR Electric & Gas: 800-592-2000
- Tow Lot: 617-635-3900
- Verizon: 800-837-4966
- Resident can also receive snow updates using the City's Alert Boston system.
List of city-authorized cab companies:
- Top Cab: 617-266-4800
- Boston Cab: 617-536-3200
- I.T.O.A. Cab: 617-825-4000
- City Cab: 617-536-5100
- Metro Cab: 617-782-5500
- Tunnel Taxi: 617-567-2700
- 617TaxiCab: 617-829-4222
Was your car towed?
Snow removal during and after the storm
- Track city and contractor plows during the storm
- Boston snow removal rules and fines
- Adopt a hydrant to clear of snow