Boston Flu Clinics Scheduled This Weekend
City officials are urging all residents ages 6 months and up to get vaccinated against the seasonal flu.
With the mayor declaring the city's influenza outbreak to be a "public health emergency," officials are working to set up a large number of free immunization sites around the city this weekend.
All Boston residents ages six months and older are eligible to receive free immunizations against the seasonal flu.
Boston Public Health Commission officials are hoping to see thousands of residents get their flu shots this weekend—in particular, those who are most at risk for health complications related to the flu, such as children under five years of age, adults over 65, pregnant women and people with health conditions such as diabetes, asthma, heart disease and kidney problems.
All clinics are open to residents of any neighborhood and do not require registration unless otherwise stated:
Jamaica Plain Clinics:
Saturday, Jan. 12, 8 a.m. to noon
3297 Washington Street
Jamaica Plain 02128
Saturday, Jan. 12, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Martha Eliot Health Center
75 Bickford St.
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
Other clinics around Boston:
• Upham's Corner Community-Wide Flu Clinic—Friday, Jan. 11, 1-4 p.m. at Upham's Corner Health Center, 415 Columbia Rd. (second floor), Dorchester.
• East Boston Flu Clinic—Saturday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the East Boston Neighborhood Health Center, 10 Grove St. The clinic is also hosting public flu clinic during business hours; call 617-569-5800 to book a 10-minute appointment.
• Fenway Free Walk-In Flu Clinic—Saturday, Jan. 12, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Fenway Health (third floor), 1340 Boylston St., Boston. Note: Limited to individuals who are 18 years and older.
• South Boston Flu Clinic—Saturday, Jan. 12, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at South Boston Community Health Center, 409 West Broadway, South Boston.
• Joseph Smith (Allston) Flu Clinic—Saturday, Jan. 12, 9 a.m. to noon at Joseph M. Smith Community Health Center, 287 Western Ave., Allston. Note: Limited to people ages 3 and up.
• Dorchester House Flu Clinic—Saturday, Jan. 12, 9 a.m. to noon at 1354 Dorchester Ave., Dorchester.
• Whittier Street Health Center Flu Clinic—Saturday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 1290 Tremont St. (first floor), Roxbury.
• Mattapan Flu Clinic—Saturday, Jan. 12, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Mattapan Community Health Center, 1575 Blue Hill Ave., Mattapan.
• Codman Square Free Flu Clinic—Sunday, Jan. 13, 12-4 p.m. at Great Hall at Codman Square Health Center, 6 Norfolk St., Dorchester.
Check out the Boston Public Health Commission's influenza page for more information and additional clinics as they are added to the calendar.