5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 22
Let's try to have a snow-free weekend.
1. Snow: In unbeliavble fashion, it snowed a very small amount yesterday. Hopefully not enough in your neck of the woods to create problems last night.
2. Weather: The Boston area's weekend outlook is thankfull OK.
4. Music: The Boston Conservatory Wind Ensemble, Eric Hewitt, conductor, presents a free concert, Friday, April 5 at 8 p.m. at Old South Church (645 Boylston St., Copley Square). For more information, call The Boston Conservatory event line at (617) 912-9240.
5. Greenovate deadline extended: Mayor Menino has extended the deadline for nominations for the 2013 Mayor’s Greenovate Boston Awards and Bike Friendly Business Awards to midnight, March 29. These awards recognize local sustainability and environmental awareness leaders in four different categories – Green Business, Green Residential, Sustainable Food Leadership and Bike Friendly Businesses. For more information or submit nomination forms, please visit the City of Boston's website for the Greenovate Awards and the website for the Bike Friendly Businesses Awards.
Things you can do every day on Jamaica Plain Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.