5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 13
Spring is in the air (sort of).
1. Papal Conclave: There's no new pope yet, but Boston's Cardinal Sean O'Malley is an up-and-comer.
2. Weather: A true sign of spring is in the air. The National Weather Service calls for rain this week.
3. Waterfront Planning Begins: The Boston Redevelopment Authority will kick off its Downtown Waterfront development planning with a project overview meeting today from 6:30-8 p.m. at the New England Aquarium IMAX Theater (1 Central Wharf). The planning process, which is expected to last 18 months to two years, involves the redevelopment of the area from Long Wharf down to the Evelyn Moakley Bridge (Seaport Boulevard). At this public meeting, the BRA will introduce consultants from Utile Inc. and discuss the scope, process and timeline of the planning project.
4. Newsletters: If you haven't done so already, take some time to fill your email address in above to sign up for Jamaica Plain Patch's daily alerts.
5. Flower show: Get a taste of spring at the Boston Flower and Garden Show, open today through Friday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Seaport World Trade Center (200 Seaport Blvd.). Admission is $20 for adults, $17 for seniors over 65, $10 for children ages 6-17 and free for children under six. Learn more and get tickets at bostonflowershow.com.
Things you can do every day on Jamaica Plain Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.