5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 11
Theater, farmers' markets and some good-looking weather.
Weather: After a surprising Friday snowstorm, temperatures should rise at the beginning of the week, hopefully melting the remaining snow piles.
Rink Shutdown: Kelly Skating Rink, as well as other Department of Conservation and Recreation outdoor rinks, shut down for the season Sunday.
On Sale Now: Tickets went on sale last week for two major music events in Boston. Though the first Legends of Summer show at Fenway Park, featuring Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake, has sold out, tickets go on sale today for a second show, to be held Aug. 11. Tickets range from $64.50 to $250. In addition, tickets go on sale today for the inaugural Boston Calling Music Festival, to be held at City Hall Plaza on May 25-26. Featured performers will include Fun, The Shins and 16 others. A one-day pass costs $75; a weekend pass costs $130.
Vendors Needed: Interested in becoming a vendor at the City Hall or Dewey Square Farmers Market? Download an application here: 2013 BPMA Market Application.
Things you can do every day on Jamaica Plain Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.