- Organization: The Loring-Greenough House/Jamaica Plain Tuesday Club
- Causes: Civic, Educational
- Date(s): A monthly two-hour shift, 12 noon to 2 pm, on Saturdays or Sundays, or 5:30-7:30 pm on Thursdays.
- Contact person: Stephen Pepper
- Phone: 617-524-1358
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: loring-greenough.org/
Do you like architecture, antique furniture, art, gardens, history, needlework, women's studies, or all of the above?
Do you enjoy meeting new people and sharing your interests?
Do you have a clear speaking voice in English, Spanish, or both?
If so, you can become the newest docent at the Loring-Greenough House, standing on two green acres opposite the Monument in the heart of JP since 1760. This historic house, occupied by five generations of Greenoughs, has been preserved by the Jamaica Plain Tuesday Club since 1924 and is open to the public for tours, programs, and private events. It is a feature of First Thursdays and offers food trucks and farmer's markets each Thursday.
The Tuesday Club offers free training and apprenticeship for docents. You don't have to be an expert in any of the fields listed, but you will learn more each time you offer a tour. Please contact Docent Coordinator Stephen Pepper soon to ask your questions. We're eager to welcome you.